Applications with ERASMUS and from HBK Partner Universities

Language Requirements


A requirement for participating actively and successfully in your studies is a good knowledge of the German language. However, no proof of sufficient knowledge of the German language is necessary.
It is advisable to take part in a language course in your homeland before starting your studies at the HBK. In addition you have the option to participate in a language course at the language centre of the Technical University while studying at the HBK at a level according to your tested knowledge of German.

Health Insurance


Students who enrol at the HBK Braunschweig need to present a valid health insurance. Even students who study at the university for less than a year need to have proof of sufficient health cover for the duration of their stay in Germany.

EU Citizens


Students from EU countries need to provide the European Health Insurance Card issued by their insurance company at home. This needs to be presented to one of the compulsive health insurance funds in Braunschweig which will then issue the student with written proof of valid health cover that is needed to enrol at the university.



You have to apply through the International Office of your home university. You can then enrol at the HBK for a limited time. Students of Fine Arts and Design have to apply with a convincing portfolio.

For further information: International Office

Last amended by Office for Press and Communication on 13.03.2014


© HBK Braunschweig 2022.