Exchange semesters at the HBK

The HBK Braunschweig accepts students from other universities as part of the following programmes or partnerships and fully enrols them.
If you are a free mover you can only be enrolled as a guest student.

Further information on the above-named pages.

  • Students from Erasmus partner universities can find information under Erasmus
  • Students from the Universida El Bosque under ISAP
  • Students from another partner university under university partnerships

What language level should students have?

German level B2 is recommended for a Credit Mobility. A language test does not need to be submitted only a grading test. During their stay at the Braunschweig University of Art (HBK) it is recommended that students take a course in the language centre of the International House at the TU.

Where can you get advice and who nominates exchange students?

Advice and nominations
The International Office at your university can offer advice. Your university must nominate you for a semester at the Braunschweig University of Art (HBK). The dates and deadlines of your university apply.


Susanne Fleischhacker
+49 531 391 9141